The best food for the your baby is breast milk. Since it is specially designed for your baby, breastfeeding is best. It is very important to decide whether you are going to exclusively breastfeed your baby or bottle feed. You should be prepared for whatever you choose.
This choice can be based on how much milk you produce, is it adequate for the baby or your own decision to choose the combination of both so that you can get some rest (which you require very much) and the baby stays healthy too.
Now before you take a decision please go through the below reasons and facts why you should be breastfeeding your baby:
Facts and Practical reasons for breastfeeding your baby :
- Your breast milk is specially customised for your baby according to its need. It contains different ingredients at different points of time. The composition of breastmilk changes constantly according to the needs of your baby. It changes every month to provide antibodies, nutrients, vitamins and calories required for the baby.
- One thing you can be sure of is that the milk you give your baby is never spoiled, contaminated or expired. You need not check whether it is the right temperature, or is it fresh. Breastmilk will always be ready for your little one and the way he likes it.
- Breast milk is easy on your baby’s new and delicate digestive system. It is easier to digest than formula milk. This can result in less stinky shit as opposed to formula fed babies.
- The babies who drink breast milk are generally less prone to diaper rashes. The less stinky poop is less likely it is to cause those nasty rashes on those sweet little bums.
- Your breast milk would generally not trigger any allergy. Babies are almost never allergic to your breastmilk. Rather something you have eaten might cause an allergy in rare cases.
- Every time you feed your baby you transfer them a healthy dose of antibodies that boost immunity. Breastfed babies will have less encounters of fever, cold, ear infections than those are not. Also breastfed babies tend to recover more quickly than others. This is because of antibodies provided by your breastmilk. More the breastfeeding, less likely you are to be visiting your baby’s doctor.
- Your baby is less likely to have gas trouble or other tummy related troubles like constipation if he/she is breastfed. Breast milk is naturally in probiotics. Breast milk is easier to digest and hence pooping is also easier.
- Breastfeeding slightly increases a child’s IQ. This can be because of fatty acids(good for brain) in breast milk or skin to skin between a mother and her baby while breastfeeding. This skin to skin contact improves a newborn baby’s intellectual development.
- Breast milk is very convenient to provide. Because it is always ready and dispensed easily at the perfect temperature you can feed your baby as soon as he/she is hungry.
- Breastfeeding help the uterus shrink back to its pre-pregnancy size more quickly. Consequently speeding the postnatal recovery. Breastfeeding can also help you shared pregnancy weight faster because it burns calories too.
- Breastfeeding lowers the risk of developing uterine cancer, ovarian cancer and premenopausal breast cancer.
- People say “The best things in life are free” . For a baby the best thing is your breast milk and it is free. There is no wastage in breastfeeding. Whatever the baby does not drink will stay fresh for the next feeding.
- Breastfeeding nurture a bond between you and your baby. It is the most natural process for a mother to feed her baby. There will be skin to skin contact, eye contact, cuddles during every feed as the baby grows. They say a baby can recognize a mother’s smell because of breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding is a good exercise for baby’s mouth, jaw and gums. It is a workout which ensures good oral development and is good for baby’s future teeth.
- Breastfed babies are less likely to be chubby because the baby stop speeding when its tummy is full. You cannot decide how much the baby should drink. The breast milk calorie controlled. The foremilk quenches the baby’s thirst whereas hindmilk fills the tummy.
Breastfeeding is a natural process for a mother and a baby.Yes, breastfeeding might seem difficult in the beginning but it gets easier as the time passes. Both you and the baby will get the hang of it as you keep continuing. Now that you have explored the facts and how you feel about these facts, you can go ahead and decide what you want for your baby.
For mothers who can’t or don’t want to breastfeed you should not worry or feel guilty. The right formula can nourish your baby as good as your breast milk. Please click here or the link below if you want to know the practical reasons or benefits of formula feeding your baby.